This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7015 / 51°42'5"N
Longitude: -0.9802 / 0°58'48"W
OS Eastings: 470571
OS Northings: 200799
OS Grid: SP705007
Mapcode National: GBR B1D.BZ2
Mapcode Global: VHDVM.YHNG
Entry Name: Copcourt House and Attached Outbuildings
Listing Date: 18 July 1963
Last Amended: 3 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182105
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248937
Location: Lewknor, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX9
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Lewknor
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Lewknor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
2/91 Copcourt House and attached
(Formerly listed as Copcourt
Shown on OS map as Upper Copcourt Farm.
Farmhouse, now house. c.1720. Header bond grey brick with red brick dressings;
side walls of chequer brick. Hipped old tile roof; brick ridge and lateral
stacks. Double-depth plan. Two storeys and attic; symmetrical 5-window range.
Fine doorcase with fluted pilasters and scrolled brackets to segmental pediment:
C20 door. Segmental arches of alternately red and grey brick over late C18
eight-pane sashes. Red brick string course and dentilled eaves. C20 roof
dormers. Interior: room to right has small panelling with dado rail and plaster
cornice. Straight-run stairs have turned balusters on closed string. Large open
fireplace in rear left room, and ovolo-moulded door frame to rear right room.
Subsidiary features: C18 barns and stable attached to left, of weatherboarding
on uncoursed limestone rubble base, with half-hipped old tile roofs.
Listing NGR: SP7057100799
Other nearby listed buildings