This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6405 / 51°38'25"N
Longitude: -1.6596 / 1°39'34"W
OS Eastings: 423651
OS Northings: 193578
OS Grid: SU236935
Mapcode National: GBR 5VZ.174
Mapcode Global: VHC0R.51Z6
Entry Name: Courtleaze Farmhouse
Listing Date: 23 November 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182229
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251509
Location: Coleshill, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN6
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Coleshill
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Coleshill
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
Farmhouse. C17 core with a 1752 addition and extensive early C19
alterations. Rubble stone with brick dressings to all facades except the
principal SE front which is cement rendered and the NE front which has stone
gabled windows. Gabled slate roofs with dressed stone copings and cement
rendered brick stacks. U shaped plan with SE front of 2 storeys, 3 bays and
a gabled 2-storey half octagon end to the SW. Early C19 small-pane sashes
under arched window heads, C20 glazed door with an early C19 latticed porch
with a copper hood. The SW range has Gothic glazing in 2-light casements
under flat heads with dripstones and to the NW a projecting dairy, built in
1752 as recorded on a datestone inscribed 'MSP 1752'. This is of one storey
with Gothic glazing and 2 half hipped slate roofs with a central valley.
Interior: there is a stopped and chamfered beam in the SE room on the ground
floor of the principal front. The dairy has C18 stained glass, a mosaic
floor and C19 wall tiling including the Pleydell-Bouverie crest.
Listing NGR: SU2365193578
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings