This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1096 / 52°6'34"N
Longitude: 0.5367 / 0°32'11"E
OS Eastings: 573804
OS Northings: 248733
OS Grid: TL738487
Mapcode National: GBR PDZ.QGZ
Mapcode Global: VHJHC.872M
Entry Name: Old Schoolhouse
Listing Date: 19 December 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182322
English Heritage Legacy ID: 283208
Location: Hundon, St. Edmundsbury, Suffolk, CO10
District: St. Edmundsbury
Civil Parish: Hundon
Built-Up Area: Hundon
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Hundon All Saints
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
1. HUNDON HUNDON
2006 North Street
TL 7348 23/261 19.12.6l.
This is probably the school of which it is recorded that in 1737 James Vernon
gave £10 a year to teach 16 poor children. A C17 timber-framed and plastered
house with a plinth. 2 storeys and attics. 5 window range, 2 and 3-light casements
with leaded lights, mullioned on the first storey and mullioned and transomed
on the ground storey. A central 6-Panel door has a wood doorcase with moulded
architrave, pulvinated frieze and a pediment. The door is approached by steps.
Hundon Post Office and Stores, Old Schoolhouse, The Rose and Crown Inn,
Flint Cottage and Lyndale, with Nos 1 to 3 (consec) Church Street and
Church of All Saints form a group.
Listing NGR: TL7380448733
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings