History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Chestnut Farm House

A Grade II Listed Building in Thrandeston, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3462 / 52°20'46"N

Longitude: 1.1021 / 1°6'7"E

OS Eastings: 611388

OS Northings: 276546

OS Grid: TM113765

Mapcode National: GBR TJ4.X0L

Mapcode Global: VHL9F.19Z7

Entry Name: Chestnut Farm House

Listing Date: 29 July 1955

Last Amended: 17 November 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1182638

English Heritage Legacy ID: 280414

Location: Thrandeston, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP21

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Thrandeston

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Thrandeston St Margaret

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Stuston

Listing Text

THRANDESTON LITTLE GREEN (NORTH SIDE)
TM 17 NW

2/124 Chestnut Farm House
29.7.55 (formerly listed as
Chestnuts Farmhouse)

GV II

Farmhouse. c1700 and possibly earlier to rear, early C19 front range. Timber
frame, plastered. Some red brick. Machine pantiled roofs. An L on plan: 3
bay front range of 2 storeys and attic with 3 bay 2 storey wing to rear right.
Offset brick plinth. Projecting central bay to front with steps up to a part
raised, part glazed 6 panelled door, lugged architrave, dentilled to leaded
cornice, above a 2-light architraved casement window. Outer bays have ground
floor 6-light mullion and transom casements in lugged architraves with
hoodboards, first floor 3-light architraved casements, modillioned eaves
cornice. Axial ridge stack slightly extruded on left gable end, exposed
plates and double purlins. To rear right extends earlier wing with a boarded
door to centre, brick lean-to addition to left, double doors to former coach
house to right, first floor 3-light casement. Rebuilt axial ridge stack
towards front. Early brick to rear gable end, initials 'OR' in iron on
steeply pitched gable, round caped parapet. Extending further to rear a 1
storey slate roofed outbuilding with an external end stack. Interior not
inspected.


Listing NGR: TM1138876546

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.