This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6449 / 51°38'41"N
Longitude: -1.9332 / 1°55'59"W
OS Eastings: 404715
OS Northings: 194010
OS Grid: SU047940
Mapcode National: GBR 3RR.XQ6
Mapcode Global: VHB2Y.FXTF
Entry Name: Long Cottage the Old Long House
Listing Date: 17 June 1977
Last Amended: 17 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182689
English Heritage Legacy ID: 317716
Location: Ashton Keynes, Wiltshire, SN6
Civil Parish: Ashton Keynes
Built-Up Area: Ashton Keynes
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Ashton Keynes
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
SU 09 SW ASHTON KEYNES PARK PLACE
10/67 Nos 28 and 28a (The Old Long House
and Long Cottage)
(formerly listed as Nos 27, 27A and
17.6.77 28 (The Long House). Flagstone wall
to road in front of Nos 27, 27a & 28.
Two attached cottages. 1765. Coursed limestone rubble and stone
slate roof. Two-storey and attic. Five window bays on first
floor, 4 on ground floor. Panelled door. Windows are C19 timber
casements. Four-pane sashes on gable end. Single storey forward
extension to end of each cottage. Gable stacks and stack on party
wall with datestone TMC 1765. C20 front range to Long Cottage, and
two-storey forward entension to the Old Long House, originally a
furze house, built by 1821 and had become Blacksmith's shop by
1858. Raised to 2 storeys in rat-trap bond in 1861 for a workshop.
Openings towards road with lintels, now blocked. Initials on
datestone are those of Richard Carter, who included a bakehouse
within the building. (WILBR. B2696).
Listing NGR: SU0471594010
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings