This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6236 / 51°37'24"N
Longitude: -1.4855 / 1°29'7"W
OS Eastings: 435716
OS Northings: 191766
OS Grid: SU357917
Mapcode National: GBR 6XQ.38K
Mapcode Global: VHC0V.6GK6
Entry Name: Parsonage House
Listing Date: 27 June 1972
Last Amended: 6 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182802
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251136
Location: Goosey, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Goosey
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Stanford-in-the-Vale with Goosey and Hatford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
GOOSEY GOOSEY GREEN
SU39SE (South side)
1/42 Parsonage House
27/06/72 (Formerly listed as School)
School and schoolhouse, now house. 1853, by G. E. Street. Coursed limestone
rubble; club tile cladding in central bay left of door; stone stacks. U-plan,
former school to right. Gothic Revival Style. One storey and attic; 4-bay range,
of one-bay wings flanking central recessed block. Segmental pointed chamfered
doorway to plank door, with gabled 3-light dormer over 3-light window to left.
Left gable end has chamfered stone-mullioned 2-light window over 3-light window.
Right gable end has segmental-pointed arch over 3-light mullioned and transomed
window. Gambrel roof to left, gabled to right; front right, left side and fine
octagonal rear lateral stacks. Similar mullioned widows to side walls with
gabled belfry to right. Interior not inspected but likely to be of interest.
Listing NGR: SU3571691766
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings