This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5975 / 51°35'51"N
Longitude: -1.1254 / 1°7'31"W
OS Eastings: 460676
OS Northings: 189103
OS Grid: SU606891
Mapcode National: GBR 911.Y03
Mapcode Global: VHCYP.F3XP
Entry Name: Conservation Volunteers
Listing Date: 9 December 1949
Last Amended: 9 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182861
English Heritage Legacy ID: 249322
Location: Wallingford, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Wallingford
Built-Up Area: Wallingford
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
WALLINGFORD ST. MARY'S STREET
SU6089SE (West side)
11/156 No36 (Coservation Volunteers)
9/12/49 (Formerley listed as No 36)
Includes No.1 Hill Lane.
House and barn, now offices. Late C17; front block dated 1771 on datestone, to
first floor left; late C19 shop front. Red brick; red brick with flared headers
in Flemish bond to first floor; old plain-tile hipped roof; brick ridge stacks
to rear. 2-storey, 3-window range. C20 glazed door to centre. C19 shop front
with Doric pilasters supporting shaped brackets. Three 12-pane unhorned sashes
with architrave surrounds to first floor. Dentil course to eaves. Left hand
return: irregular fenestration with cast-iron balcony on cast-iron brackets to
first floor right. Some C18 panelled doors to interior. Barn at right-angles to
front with C20 fenestration. Roughcast to rear, probably on timber training+
Queen post roof construction.
Listing NGR: SU6067689103
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings