This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6708 / 51°40'14"N
Longitude: -1.635 / 1°38'5"W
OS Eastings: 425338
OS Northings: 196956
OS Grid: SU253969
Mapcode National: GBR 5VM.7G9
Mapcode Global: VHC0K.M80H
Entry Name: 12-14, Lechlade Road
Listing Date: 23 November 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182908
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251557
Location: Eaton Hastings, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Eaton Hastings
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Eaton Hastings
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
EATON HASTINGS LECHLADE ROAD (South
SU29NE Nos 12-14 (consecutive)
Block of 3 dwellings. 1893 by Sir Ernest George and Alfred Yeates for
Alexander Henderson of Buscot Park. A fusion of Cotswold vernacular and
collegiate Gothic style. Coursed rubble stone and stone dressings with a
gabled stone tiled roof and stone stacks with moulded caps. 2 storeys with
a large gable to the road under which are side doors with Tudor arches.
Gabled projection to the green reminiscent of a college oriel. 3- and 4-
light flat - headed mullioned windows with leaded casements, ball finials to
gable ends. Set at right angles to the road and forming the third side of a
courtyard around the War Memorial green. With Nos 6 and 7 (q.v.) and Nos 8-
11 (consec.) (q.v.) known collectively as Roadside Cottages.
Listing NGR: SU2533896956
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings