This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1816 / 52°10'53"N
Longitude: 0.9293 / 0°55'45"E
OS Eastings: 600364
OS Northings: 257751
OS Grid: TM003577
Mapcode National: GBR SJQ.7R1
Mapcode Global: VHKDN.2F4F
Entry Name: Stable Range 60 Metres North East of the Old Rectory
Listing Date: 9 December 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182918
English Heritage Legacy ID: 279816
Location: Buxhall, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14
District: Mid Suffolk
Civil Parish: Buxhall
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Buxhall St Mary
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
BUXALL RECTORY ROAD
TM 05 NW
2/41 Stable range 60m north-
east of The Old Rectory
Stables; built late C16 or early C17 as a barn, converted to stabling late C18.
or early C19. Timber framed and plastered. Hipped thatched roof. Semi-
circular stable windows with metal opening lights and leaded glazing, flanking
boarded stable doors at the end bays. Two pairs of diagonally boarded full-
height doors at centre. Good studwork of c.1600 with tension bracing.
Clasped purlin roof. Some interior fittings of late C18/early C19 including
stalls and hayracks. In poor condition at date of survey.
Listing NGR: TM0036457751
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings