This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6885 / 51°41'18"N
Longitude: -1.0208 / 1°1'14"W
OS Eastings: 467788
OS Northings: 199309
OS Grid: SU677993
Mapcode National: GBR B1K.0RK
Mapcode Global: VHDVM.8T7H
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 18 July 1963
Last Amended: 3 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183192
English Heritage Legacy ID: 249011
Location: Stoke Talmage, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX9
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Stoke Talmage
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Stoke Talmage
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
4/165 The Old Rectory
18/07/63 (Formerly listed as The
Rectory, now house. 1752, remodelled and extended to left by Daniel Harris in
1820. Stucco front, over brick; M-shaped old tile roof; brick symmetrical end
stacks. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys and attic; symmetrical 3-window range.
Early C19 panelled door and doorcase with flat hood, flanked by 6-pane sashes
reaching to ground; 6-pane first-floor sashes; cyma-moulded soffit to parapet.
C19 dormers. Rear right canted bay of c.1860, adjoining sashes and round-arched
stair-light sash. 2-storey, 2-bay wing left of front, stuccoed, with sashes, C18
two- and one-storey service wings to rear left. Interior: early C19 doors, and
dog-leg staircase with turned balusters on open string.
Listing NGR: SU6778899309
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings