This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5643 / 51°33'51"N
Longitude: -1.6202 / 1°37'12"W
OS Eastings: 426422
OS Northings: 185115
OS Grid: SU264851
Mapcode National: GBR 5WS.Z1V
Mapcode Global: VHC0Y.VYT6
Entry Name: The Village Hall
Listing Date: 10 November 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183245
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250649
Location: Ashbury, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN6
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Ashbury
Built-Up Area: Ashbury
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Ashbury
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
ASHBURY CHAPEL ROAD
5/20 The Village Hall
School, now village hall. c.1872 by G.E. Street. Chalk ashlar, brick quoins,
limestone dressings; old tile roof. Complex plan. Single-storey. Gable end of
front facing road has 3-light stone mullioned and low transomed window with
cusped heads. Right side wall has two 3-light stone-mullioned windows. Left
side had splayed pointed stone arch over blocked door: also a lean-to porch
with segmental stone arch over planked door with decorative strap hinges.
Gabled wing set at right-angles to rear left, has 3-light stone-mullioned
windows. Rafters exposed at eaves, gabled roof: Late C19 gabled wing to rear,
mid C20 lean-to against half of rear right wall.
Listing NGR: SU2642185117
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings