History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Normanton House

A Grade II Listed Building in Wilsford cum Lake, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1599 / 51°9'35"N

Longitude: -1.8019 / 1°48'6"W

OS Eastings: 413948

OS Northings: 140086

OS Grid: SU139400

Mapcode National: GBR 508.77S

Mapcode Global: VHB5J.Q38P

Entry Name: Normanton House

Listing Date: 18 February 1958

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1183273

English Heritage Legacy ID: 321528

Location: Wilsford cum Lake, Wiltshire, SP4

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Wilsford cum Lake

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Woodford Valley with Archers Gate

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Amesbury

Listing Text

WILSFORD CUM LAKE NORMANTON
SU 14 SW
5/207 Normanton House
18.2.58
II
Farmhouse. Late C17-early C18, altered. Flint and limestone
chequerwork, walls raised and gable of brick. Tiled roof. Two
storeys and attics, 5 window bays, extended to east by a further 2
bays in similar construction. Entrance in end bay on north side,
replacing blocked door in east bay. Gabled flint porch with
refixed cross-boarded and studded door. Inner door 6 panelled, in
chamfered stone doorcase. Two-light chamfered stone-mullioned
windows to both floors, with later timber frames. Glazed door
central to south side and similar door in extension. Mid wall
drip course on south only. Roof raised and pitch increased to
clasp major gable stack of probably late C17 brickwork set on
moulded cornice. Flue above roof rebuilt smaller. Three dormers
each side and dormer to extension. C19 and C20 outbuildings
attached to east end.
Interior modernised. Introduced C17 stair with closed string and
turned balusters. Fielded panelled doors on first floor.
Formerly the residence of Sir Oliver Lodge.


Listing NGR: SU1394840086

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.