This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3227 / 51°19'21"N
Longitude: -2.2035 / 2°12'12"W
OS Eastings: 385917
OS Northings: 158201
OS Grid: ST859582
Mapcode National: GBR 1ST.1PZ
Mapcode Global: VH972.R0GT
Entry Name: 19 and 20, the Halve
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183362
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314038
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Built-Up Area: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Trowbridge St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(North East Side)
Nos 19 and 20
ST 8558 5/59 29.12.50.
Circa 1790s. Pair of houses. 3 storey, attic and basement. Brick on stone base.
Stone strings at 1st and 2nd floor cill levels. Stone quoins. Stone frieze and
cornice. Stone parapet with moulded coping. Mansard roof, part pantile, part
slate. 2 dormers, C19 lights. Glazing bar sash windows, 3 pairs of coupled windows
to upper floors in plain stone surrounds with beaded inner edges. 2 similar windows
on ground floor with stone cills and two 6-panel doors grouped in centre, upper
panels glazed, in plain stone surrounds and combination doorcase of 3 Doric pilasters
and broken entablature with fluted frieze and moulded open pediment. Approached
by double flight of steps, 6 one side and 7 the other, with cast iron guard rails.
Stone flagged path to front. No 19 has a wreath and mask knocker.
Nos 13 and 14 form a group with Nos 17 to 21 (consec).
Listing NGR: ST8591658203
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings