This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3229 / 51°19'22"N
Longitude: -2.2037 / 2°12'13"W
OS Eastings: 385900
OS Northings: 158221
OS Grid: ST859582
Mapcode National: GBR 1SM.TZY
Mapcode Global: VH972.R0BP
Entry Name: 24 and 25, the Halve
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Last Amended: 26 November 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183375
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314041
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Built-Up Area: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Trowbridge St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(North East Side)
Nos 24 and 25
ST 8558 5/61 29.12.50.
Circa 1790s. 3 storey and basement. Bath stone on stepped plinth. Strings at
1st and 2nd floor levels. Listel moulding over 2nd floor windows. Plain frieze,
moulded cornice and blocking course. Angle pilasters, whole height with cornice
broken forward over. Glazing bar sash windows. 2 pairs of coupled windows with
narrow frames to upper floors. 2 windows, 4 panes wide, two 3-panel doors in outer
corners, each with doorcase of pilasters, broken entablature, open moulded cornice
and open pediment, on ground floor. Doors approached by 4 moulded stone steps.
Contemporary rails, with dog rails to basement gates. 2 half-glazed basement doors.
Cast lead rain water pipe in centre.
Nos 23 to 29 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: ST8589958223
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings