This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7531 / 51°45'11"N
Longitude: -1.2496 / 1°14'58"W
OS Eastings: 451892
OS Northings: 206309
OS Grid: SP518063
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.2VL
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.966F
Entry Name: St Edmund Hall, East Range Including Chapel and Library
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183564
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245111
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1. ST EDMUND HALL
SP 5106 SE 9/408B 12.1.54.
The small house at the south end was built early in C17.
The chapel was built l68O-2, the mason being Bartholomew Peisley; it contains
woodwork by Arthur Frogley. The first entirely Classical chapel in Oxford.
The Library is on the lst floor of the ante-chapel. The internal fitting
was finished in 1686. Frogley's gallery remains.
Listing NGR: SP5188906311
Other nearby listed buildings