History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Delfs Farmhouse and Attached Barn

A Grade II Listed Building in Ryburn, Calderdale

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.6941 / 53°41'38"N

Longitude: -1.976 / 1°58'33"W

OS Eastings: 401682

OS Northings: 421963

OS Grid: SE016219

Mapcode National: GBR GTNQ.0H

Mapcode Global: WHB8M.MD8W

Entry Name: Delfs Farmhouse and Attached Barn

Listing Date: 19 July 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1184045

English Heritage Legacy ID: 339199

Location: Calderdale, HX6

County: Calderdale

Electoral Ward/Division: Ryburn

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Sowerby St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Ripponden

Listing Text

SOWERBY BRIDGE DELFS LANE
SE 02 SW
(east side),
2/58 Cottonstones
Delfs Farmhouse and
attached barn
- II
Farmhouse and attached barn. House dated 1672, barn early C18. Coursed rubble,
house rendered, stone slate roofs. House of 2 storeys, 5 1st-floor windows with
3-bay barn projecting on left. House south front: quoins chamfered mullion windows;
central C20 glazed door in plain stone surround with tie stones, similar door to
right end; on left of central doorway is a chamfered round-arched light with sunk
spandrels and beyond that a 4-light, now 2-light window; on right is a 5-light,
now 3-light double-chamfered mullion window. 1st-floor windows, from left, of
2, 2, 2, 2 (now 3) and 2 lights, all 2-light windows lacking mullion. To centre
of lst floor are 2 plaques, the lower one inscribed " ? D", the upper with "? W",
M D,
1672"
the rest indecipherable. Ashlar coping. Two tabled ridge stacks flanking centre.
Rear: windows on ground floor formerly of 2 and 3 lights and on lst floor formerly
of 3 and 2 lights. Left return: a blocked 3-light window. Barn east front has
outshut on left, quoins, quoined cart-entry with monolithic lintel on right, mistal
door with plain stone surround on left of outshut and quoined doorway in north
end of outshut (addition to front of outshut not of special interest). West front
has added lean-to masking opposing cart-entry, part-blocked, with blocked square
opening above. Interior: barn has queen strut roof trusses, one of the tie beams
initialled 'HTAH'.


Listing NGR: SE0168221963

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.