This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3481 / 51°20'53"N
Longitude: -2.2538 / 2°15'13"W
OS Eastings: 382417
OS Northings: 161031
OS Grid: ST824610
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.F06
Mapcode Global: VH96V.WCBX
Entry Name: Bell House
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1184198
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312651
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5411 (North Side)
Nos 62 & 62B (Bell House)
[Formerly listed as Nos
62 & 63]
ST 8261 1/37 18.4.52.
Late C17, with C18 fenestration. Painted stone, 2 storeys + mansard with
2 wooden casement dormers, modern pantile roofs. Projecting 2 storey
extension to left of frontage, formerly with large bell hanging from iron
bracket above 1st floor windows. 1 pair of sash windows on each floor
of extension, glazing bars in reveals. Main portion of frontage has 4
pairs and 1 single window on first floor, and 2 pairs, 1 single and 1
modern bow window on ground-floor. Mostly sashes with glazing bars in
plain reveals. Square-headed plain door opening at each end of main frontage,
6-panelled doors. Over left hand door is sunken panel bearing date "1695".
Building raised above road and set bakc slightly, small paved forecourt
with iron handrail and 5 stone steps up at each end.
Nos 52 to No 62 and 62B (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: ST8241761031
Other nearby listed buildings