This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1253 / 52°7'30"N
Longitude: -1.455 / 1°27'17"W
OS Eastings: 437407
OS Northings: 247578
OS Grid: SP374475
Mapcode National: GBR 6QK.QYB
Mapcode Global: VHBYB.QVN4
Entry Name: Obelisk at Sp 3741 4759
Listing Date: 7 January 1952
Last Amended: 8 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1184562
English Heritage Legacy ID: 306188
Location: Radway, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, OX15
Civil Parish: Radway
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Radway St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
3/77 Obelisk at SP 3741 4759
07/01/52 (Formerly listed as Radway
Grange including "ruins",
obelisk, cottages and other
Obelisk. Dated 1854. Erected for Charles Chambers. Ironstone ashlar. High
stepped and moulded plinth. Tall pedestal with moulded cornice. The inscription
records that it was erected to commemorate the Battle of Waterloo and Colonel
F.S. Miller's gallantry in commanding the VIth Inniskilling Dragoons. It stands
on a rise below Edgehill, visible from Radway Grange.
Listing NGR: SP3740747578
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings