This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.798 / 53°47'52"N
Longitude: -1.7314 / 1°43'52"W
OS Eastings: 417791
OS Northings: 433549
OS Grid: SE177335
Mapcode National: GBR JPJ.Q3
Mapcode Global: WHC99.CSSS
Entry Name: Church of St Clement
Listing Date: 9 June 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1184649
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336112
Location: Bradford, BD3
Electoral Ward/Division: Bowling and Barkerend
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford St Clement
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 BARKEREND ROAD BD3
Church of St Clement
SE 1733 35/252 9.6.81
1892-94 by E P Warren. Dressed sandstone church with restrained Decorated details.
Nave, low aisles and chancel. Octagonal, crenellated, north-west corner turret with
spirelet. Raised on terrace to west end with double flight of steps. Principal
feature of interest is the internal decoration of the east end by Morris & Co.
Large painted gesso angels to the spandrels of the chancel aisle and painted chancel
roof, both to Burne Jones designs (1900-01). Large paintings flank the altar and are
by W M Palin, 1898. Reredos has mosaic work by Salviate of Venice. The stained
glass of 1900 is by C E Kempe.
Listing NGR: SE1779133549
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings