This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6301 / 51°37'48"N
Longitude: -1.7135 / 1°42'48"W
OS Eastings: 419926
OS Northings: 192401
OS Grid: SU199924
Mapcode National: GBR 4TK.RLJ
Mapcode Global: VHC0Q.79Z7
Entry Name: Westrop House and West Service Extension to Westrop House
Listing Date: 20 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1184675
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318365
Location: Highworth, Swindon, SN6
Civil Parish: Highworth
Built-Up Area: Highworth
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Highworth with Sevenhampton and Inglesham
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
5410 HIGHWORTH CRICKLADE ROAD
Westrop House and
west service extension
to Westrop House
SU 1992 SE 18/254
1878. Built for William Crowdy, Lord of the Manor. Two storeys, attic and
basement. Creeper covered ashlar, band over ground floor. Cornice and parapet.
Hipped slate valley roof with 2 ashlar chimneys with moulded capping. Six
bays, centre 2 slightly recessed, glazing bar sashes, attic windows including
central lunette concealed. Central 2 ground floor bays semi-circular Doric
portico with box porch to 6 panel studded door with side lights and a pair
Rear elevation: flanking angled bays and square portico with Doric columns.
Tripartite window above with blind side lights.
Interior: square stair hall with coved ceiling lit by lunette to front, stone
stairs with sweeping cast iron honey suckle pattern balustrade. A number
of good original features retained eg: enriched cornices to ceiling, door
furniture with ivory inlay, columned fireplace in dining room.
Listing NGR: SU1993392405
Other nearby listed buildings