This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1374 / 51°8'14"N
Longitude: 0.8998 / 0°53'59"E
OS Eastings: 602960
OS Northings: 141570
OS Grid: TR029415
Mapcode National: GBR SY8.LB3
Mapcode Global: VHKKN.KN1X
Entry Name: The William Harvey Public House
Listing Date: 24 September 1951
Last Amended: 4 June 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1184765
English Heritage Legacy ID: 180025
Location: Ashford, Kent, TN24
Electoral Ward/Division: Highfield
Built-Up Area: Ashford (Ashford)
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5344 SEVINGTON ROAD
(North East Side)
The William Harvey
(Formerly listed as
Nos 1 & 2 Harvey Cottages)
TR 04 SW 3/134 24.9.51.
William Harvey, the discoverer of the circulation of the blood, often stayed here.
C15 to C16 timber-framed building with the 1st floor overhanging on brackets.
On the south-west front the 1st floor has been refaced with curved tiles and on the
north front with red brick and tiles. The remainder is plastered. Tiled
roof in 2 hips. 3 casement windows. Some traces of original window openings.
The south east front has a gable with a pendant and below it a small 4 light bay
window on each floor with wooden mullions.
Listing NGR: TR0308341392
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings