This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.28 / 52°16'48"N
Longitude: -1.5831 / 1°34'59"W
OS Eastings: 428536
OS Northings: 264737
OS Grid: SP285647
Mapcode National: GBR 5MB.2KQ
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.HYXH
Entry Name: The Gables
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1184801
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307566
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Built-Up Area: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 20/10/2015
SP 2864 NE
MILL STREET (East Side)
No 41 (The Gables)
(There are no Nos 35, 37, 39). House of 2 storeys. C16 origin, one dwelling
previously 2. Left hand section of front has early to mid C19 timber framework
with 3 similar gables flush with wall. Bargeboards, old tiled roof. Right
hand section, 4 bays long, has close set timber studding, framework in
largely original state. Early narrow window openings between the studding
have been retained, some having slightly splayed jambs. These are now
filled with facsimile leaded lights and "antique" glass. The framing is
jettied at first floor, having carved brackets to storey posts between
the bays. Infilling of painted brickwork. The right hand bay has wide
entry to the rear with continuous roof over. Facsimile oak door. Stone
plinth. Old tile roof. Extensive alterations to rear are fairly satisfactory.
All the listed buildings in Mill Street (both sides) form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2853664736
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings