History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Chapel at Carlett Park Technical College

A Grade II Listed Building in Eastham, Wirral

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.323 / 53°19'22"N

Longitude: -2.9593 / 2°57'33"W

OS Eastings: 336196

OS Northings: 381106

OS Grid: SJ361811

Mapcode National: GBR 7ZS0.3H

Mapcode Global: WH87M.JQ0W

Entry Name: Chapel at Carlett Park Technical College

Listing Date: 2 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1184843

English Heritage Legacy ID: 215492

Location: Wirral, CH62

County: Wirral

Electoral Ward/Division: Eastham

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside

Church of England Parish: Eastham St Mary the Blessed Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Bromborough

Listing Text

BEBINGTON NEW CHESTER ROAD
SJ 38 SE
(east side)
Eastham
7/165 Chapel at
Carlett Park
Technical College

G.V. II

Chapel to house. c.1887. By John Douglas. Snecked stone
with lighter bands, slate roof. Single-vessel nave and
chancel with small north transept with small extension under
cat slide roof. Sill course and continuous hood mould;
coped gables. East window has hood mould with angel stops,
and 3 cusped lancets. South facade has 3 lancets and 2
pairs of lancets to chancel, the 2nd pair shorter, with
quatrefoil in hood. North facade has 2 lancets, and one to
transept. West end has 2-light traceried window, canted
north angle has entrance with canopied niche containing
figure of Good Shephered, angel corbels and octagonal bell
turret, straight-headed windows and short spire. South west
angle reconstructed when house demolished. Interior has
boarded waggon roof, with ribs and bosses to sanctuary, 2-
bay blind arcade to north. Inscription on south wall
records retreats 1912 to 1916. Piscina has trefoil head
with shelf and cupboard over. East window has flanking
Mosaic panels in pointed recesses. C20 timber screen at
west end. West hall has corbelled door to turret and
inscription recording building of chapel. Good stained
glass windows by E. Frampton and Kempe.


Listing NGR: SJ3619681106

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.