History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Foxcote House Former Roman Catholic Chapel and Attached Cottage Range Linked to East of House

A Grade II Listed Building in Ilmington, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0745 / 52°4'28"N

Longitude: -1.7098 / 1°42'35"W

OS Eastings: 419989

OS Northings: 241828

OS Grid: SP199418

Mapcode National: GBR 4N5.SPD

Mapcode Global: VHBYL.94Z1

Entry Name: Foxcote House Former Roman Catholic Chapel and Attached Cottage Range Linked to East of House

Listing Date: 2 September 1952

Last Amended: 16 May 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1185343

English Heritage Legacy ID: 306407

Location: Ilmington, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV36

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Ilmington

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Ilmington St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Ilmington

Listing Text

ILMINGTON FOXCOTE
SPI4SE, SP24SU
3/43, 4/43 Foxcote House, former Roman
Catholic chapel and attached
cottage range linked to E of
- house
(Formerly listed under
Foxcote House and chapel)

GV II

Chapel, now used as garage. C18. Limestone ashlar with stone end stacks.
Asbestos roofs. 2 storeys; 3-window range. To centre a large modern opening. To
right a round-headed opening with keystone. Three 18-pane sashes above. To rear
4 round-headed sashes, with one part-blocked round-headed sash to left. Attached
to left, and projecting forward, a 2-storey cottage range. Room to centre right,
with stone lintel. To left and right a 22-pane and 12-pane sash. Further 12-pane
sash to centre left. 2 double garage doors to left. First floor has a range of 5
windows: one is blind, one boarded, 2 with 9-pane sashes and one with a 2-light
casement. All windows have stone lintels. Interior not inspected. John Mannock
said to have been chaplain here from 1709-1759. Included for group value.
(V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.5, p.99; Buildings of England: Warwickshire, p.317).


Listing NGR: SP1998941828

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.