This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5671 / 52°34'1"N
Longitude: -1.5284 / 1°31'42"W
OS Eastings: 432059
OS Northings: 296692
OS Grid: SP320966
Mapcode National: GBR 6K7.4D9
Mapcode Global: WHCHD.HQDV
Entry Name: 2 Chest Tombs Approximately 2 Metres South of South East Corner of Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 30 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1185409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 309197
Location: Mancetter, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, CV9
District: North Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Mancetter
Built-Up Area: Atherstone
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Mancetter St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
MANCETTER MANCETTER ROAD
SP3296 (West side)
11/104 2 chest tombs approx. 2m S of
SE corner of chancel of Church
of St. Peter
2 chest tombs. Dated 1668 and 1738. Sandstone. Each has moulded plinth and top.
The northern tomb has fielded panelled angles and slate inscription slabs to
north and south. Inscription on north side to Richard Warwick 1633, with details
of the charity he founded. Inscription on south side: 'This tombstone now
erected by us JOHN BURTON, THOMAS FREER, JN. REYNOLDS, JOSEPH STEEL, THOMAS
FORTESCUE, ROBERT BURTON, Trustees 1738'. The southern tomb of 1668 has angle
pilasters. Top has curved central section with segmental pediments. Inscription
panel in simple moulded surround.
Listing NGR: SP3205996692
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings