This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2743 / 51°16'27"N
Longitude: 0.576 / 0°34'33"E
OS Eastings: 579777
OS Northings: 155946
OS Grid: TQ797559
Mapcode National: GBR PR9.2FD
Mapcode Global: VHJMF.X7WG
Entry Name: Garden House Approximately 15 Yards North of Snowfield
Listing Date: 20 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1185453
English Heritage Legacy ID: 173550
Location: Bearsted, Maidstone, Kent, ME14
Civil Parish: Bearsted
Built-Up Area: Maidstone
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TQ 75 NE BEARSTED YEOMAN LANE
5/44 Garden House approx.
15 yards north of
Garden House. Circa 1911 by A.N. Prentice for Montagu Barstow
Esq., husband of Baroness Orczy. In an early C18 style.
Red and grey brick. Single storey with plinth at rear which
becomes platt-band to bottom of side elevation, quoins, moulded
wood cornice and panelled stone-coped parapet. 3 glazing-bar
sashes to north elevation and 2 to east with cement cills and
segmental heads with gauged brick voussoirs and cement-rendered
keystones. Red brick "chainage" between windows and plinth.
Stack at west end. South elevation, (towards house) has no
windows, and one central recessed panel with chequered red
and grey brick to parapet. Porch stretching almost whole
length of building, on four Doric columns carrying plain wooden
entablature with moulded cornice which is arched over the central
bay. East end glazed. Glazing at west end now filled in.
Central panelled door in moulded, recessed architrave with
triple keystone and panelled reveals. High standard of craftsman-
Listing NGR: TQ7974755915
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings