This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5105 / 52°30'37"N
Longitude: -1.7217 / 1°43'17"W
OS Eastings: 418987
OS Northings: 290326
OS Grid: SP189903
Mapcode National: GBR 4GX.PJH
Mapcode Global: VHBWG.35P8
Entry Name: Gilson Hall
Listing Date: 11 November 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1185490
English Heritage Legacy ID: 309331
Location: Coleshill, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B46
District: North Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Coleshill
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Coleshill
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
4/17 Gilson Hall
Farmhouse. Early C18. Red brick (Flemish bond); hipped plain tile roof; brick
ridge stacks. U-shaped plan: main range aligned north-east/south-west facing
south-east, with 2 rear wings, the space between them now infilled. 2 storeys
and attic with first floor band and moulded wooden eaves cornice. 5-window
front: glazing bar casements with segmental heads; 2 attic dormers with hipped
roofs. Central 6-panel door with moulded wood surround and porch with hipped
roof on cast iron columns. The wings are of 2-bays length with similar windows
to those of the front; first floor band and cornice are continued on the wings.
3 gabled bays to the rear: the middle and left hand bays each have a door to the
left; the right hand wing has a single-storey kitchen extension with attached
pump. Interior: the front door opens into an entrance hall containing an early
C18 L-plan staircase with closed string, turned balusters and newel pendants.
Listing NGR: SP1898790326
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings