This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9703 / 54°58'13"N
Longitude: -1.3652 / 1°21'54"W
OS Eastings: 440735
OS Northings: 564149
OS Grid: NZ407641
Mapcode National: GBR LBXZ.72
Mapcode Global: WHD50.0B5J
Entry Name: Walls Extending from Mill Lane Around the Lighthouse and Linked Buildings
Listing Date: 26 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1185616
English Heritage Legacy ID: 303717
Location: South Tyneside, SR6
County: South Tyneside
Electoral Ward/Division: Whitburn and Marsden
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Tyne and Wear
Church of England Parish: Whitburn
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 46SW BOLDON MILL LANE
4/57 Walls extending from Mill
Lane around the lighthhouse
and linked buildings
Walls enclosing entrance and buildings. 1871 by Sir James N Douglas for Trinity
House, London. Whitewashed stone. A pair of walls encloses the entrance drive
to the lighthouse and its buildings, breaking into quadrants before forming
a rectangular enclosure around buildings and gardens. Roughly squared coursed
rubble with round coping.
Listing NGR: NZ4073564149
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings