This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2511 / 52°15'3"N
Longitude: -1.39 / 1°23'23"W
OS Eastings: 441741
OS Northings: 261610
OS Grid: SP417616
Mapcode National: GBR 7QF.WZ1
Mapcode Global: VHBXS.VPJ5
Entry Name: The Black Dog Public House
Listing Date: 7 January 1952
Last Amended: 27 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1185813
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307206
Location: Southam, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV47
Civil Parish: Southam
Built-Up Area: Southam
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Southam St James
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SOUTHAM MARKET HILL
SP4161 (West side)
13/76 The Black Dog Public House and
(Formerly listed as The Black
Dog P.H.; House adjacent to
The Black Dog P.H. and
occupied by E.H. Martin)
Includes No.1, Warwick Street.
Public House. Probably C18, with early C19 facade. Probably brick, rendered,
with plinth, C20-tile roof and brick internal and end stacks. 3-unit plan.
2-storey, 3-window range. C20 bows to ground floor centre and right, with
12-pane sashes to first floor. Early C19 canted bays with tripartite sashes to
ground and first floor left. C20 door with overlight to left (No. 10) and
6-panelled door to right. Doors have rendered pilaster surrounds. To rear of The
Black Dog an early C19 range with 12-pane sashes to ground and first floors, and
6-panelled door, the original doorcase now gone. Interior: noted as having
beams. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SP4174161610
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings