This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9713 / 54°58'16"N
Longitude: -1.5161 / 1°30'57"W
OS Eastings: 431075
OS Northings: 564182
OS Grid: NZ310641
Mapcode National: GBR KBVY.KQ
Mapcode Global: WHC3S.P97S
Entry Name: Church of St John
Listing Date: 28 May 1948
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1185819
English Heritage Legacy ID: 303733
Location: South Tyneside, NE31
County: South Tyneside
Electoral Ward/Division: Hebburn South
Built-Up Area: Hebburn
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Tyne and Wear
Church of England Parish: Hebburn St John
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 36SW HEBBURN CANNING STREET (south side)
Church of St John
Parish church, formerly a service wing of Hebburn Hall. Converted to church
in 1886-87 by F R Wilson. Sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings; roof of Welsh
slate. Oriented NNW-SSE; unaisled; east transept at south end having entrance
porch in the angle; west porch at north end. Decorated style windows : 7 of
3 lights in the nave, 2 of 2 lights in the transept elaborate tracery over 7
lights at the north end, all between buttresses with gablets and set-backs.
South elevation : 2 massive buttresses having 5 alternate gablets and set-backs
between 1-light cusped windows and flanking a tall 2-light window. The roof
has a tall pierced, coped belfry supported by the south buttresses, and a central
flèche with 8 gabled louvres.
Listing NGR: NZ3107564182
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings