This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2734 / 51°16'24"N
Longitude: 0.556 / 0°33'21"E
OS Eastings: 578387
OS Northings: 155792
OS Grid: TQ783557
Mapcode National: GBR PR8.3DN
Mapcode Global: VHJMF.L896
Entry Name: Weavering Manor
Listing Date: 13 July 1978
Last Amended: 20 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1185828
English Heritage Legacy ID: 173619
Location: Boxley, Maidstone, Kent, ME14
Civil Parish: Boxley
Built-Up Area: Maidstone
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TQ 75 NE BOXLEY WEAVERING STREET
5/112 Nos. 1 and 2 Weavering
13.7. 1978 Manor (formerly listed
as Weavering Manor)
House, now 2 houses. Early C15 with early C17 addition. Rendered
timber-framing with slate roof. 2 storeys on plinth. No. 2
(to left) comprises ¾ of an early C15 Wealden house with a single,
storeyed, service bay at left end and open hall of 2 unequal bays.
No. 1 is early C17 rebuild of right storeyed end bay of Wealden,
with addition of wing to front, forming L plan. No. 1 built
with higher storeys than No. 2. No. 2 formerly jettied on
left end and to front at left end. Has hipped roof at left end
and multiple brick stack in front slope of roof at right end.
2 3-light leaded casements on each floor, one towards left end
and one towards right end. Door in left gable end. No.1: roof
gabled at junction with No. 2 and hipped to right. Roof of wing
hipped. 2 large projecting stacks with stone bases, one at
right gable end of main block and one on right side elevation
of wing. One 3-light leaded casement on each floor to left in
main block, one on re-entrant elevation of wing and one in gable
end of wing. Panelled door under flat hood in main block,
against wing. Interior: No. 2 has rare survival of short moulded
spear in high-end bressumer on ground floor, moulded end of
hall beams, roof with moulded crown-post, ashlar pieces, moulded
cornice, heavy cambered tie-beam, moulded central truss posts
and exposed framing. Fireplace with chamfered surround and
integral moulded candle brackets on first floor in left end bay.
No. 1 has early C17 moulded stone fireplace surrounds, early
C17 panelling in ground-floor roan of wing and first-floor room
of main block. Butt side purlin roof. Owned by Vintners Company
1557 - 1918.
Listing NGR: TQ7838755792
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings