This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.487 / 52°29'13"N
Longitude: -1.6049 / 1°36'17"W
OS Eastings: 426928
OS Northings: 287751
OS Grid: SP269877
Mapcode National: GBR 5JS.32J
Mapcode Global: VHBWJ.4RF9
Entry Name: Fillongley Hall and Attached Outbuildings
Listing Date: 11 November 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1186077
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308915
Location: Fillongley, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, CV7
District: North Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Fillongley
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Fillongley St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
FILLONGLEY BROAD LANE
SP28NE (South side)
6/11 Fillongley Hall and attached
Country house. c.1830. By J.L. Ackroyd for Rev. Bowyer Adderley. Brick mainly
stuccoed but some ashlar. Slate roofs with blocked parapeted main cornice.
Internal stacks, also stuccoed. Double-pile plan with offices and services at
the west side. 2 storeys. Principal front has Ionic portico in antis flanked by
4 twelve pane hung sashes at ground floor and similar windows at first floor.
East front has a library wing also stuccoed. Single storey with apsed end in 3
bays, each with a full height 15-pane hung sash. The south front to the garden
is in 7 bays with recessed 12-pane hung sashes in raised surrounds. Full length
ground floor casements. Verandah having lean-to roof carried on cast-iron
columns. At the west end a wing projects. 2 storeys. Similar fenestration.
Interior: Hall toplit from a dome on 4 giant Ionic columns of scagliola.
Neo-classical stucco spandrel mouldings. Pedimented double doors off the hall
lead to ante-room with curved ends. Enfilade of dining room and drawing room
each with marble fireplaces and similar stucco ceiling mouldings and shaped wood
pelmets, gilded. The library at the east end of the house has a bay in each of 3
walls, each with a screen of Ionic columns also of scagliola. A room at ground
floor, formerly a butlers pantry has a fireplace of Adam type and is late C18.
Open well staircase toplit from a similar oval dome. Open string with
(VCH: Warwickshire: Vol IV; Buildings of England: Warwickshire: p294; Hugh
Montgomery-Massingberd: Fillongley Hall (The Field, 1985))
Listing NGR: SP2692887751
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings