History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Colliers Oak Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Fillongley, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4873 / 52°29'14"N

Longitude: -1.6229 / 1°37'22"W

OS Eastings: 425706

OS Northings: 287772

OS Grid: SP257877

Mapcode National: GBR 5JR.4HL

Mapcode Global: VHBWH.TRF4

Entry Name: Colliers Oak Farmhouse

Listing Date: 23 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1186184

English Heritage Legacy ID: 308938

Location: Fillongley, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, CV7

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Fillongley

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Fillongley St Mary and All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Shustoke

Listing Text

FILLONGLEY FILLONGLEY ROAD
SP28NE (North side)
6/33 Colliers Oak Farmhouse
GV II
House. 1587 extended on the front C18-C19. Timber-frame, with C20 render, on
sandstone plinth. Plain-tiled gabled roof with ridge stack of coursed and
squared sandstone with 3 red brick shafts set diagonally. This stack is now
external following the demolition in c.1938 of the parlour end of the house. The
west gable has a plojecting stack also of coursed sandstone, incised with the
date and 3 similar red brick shafts set diagonally. Original plan of 3 units
with through-passage at rear of stack. One storey and attic. 2 gable dormers,
C19, and 3 wood casements at ground floor, all C20. In C18-C19 a range to the
front was added. Brick, rendered, and plain-tiled roof. 2 storeys. 2 C20 first
floor casements and 2 at ground floor. East gable end of 1587 house has
inglenook hearth at ground floor and on first floor a depressed arch with cyma
moulding on high base to a chamber hearth. Interior: Original openings remain to
the through-passage. Another chamber hearth with similar sandstone and moulded
depressed arch at first floor. At west end a ground floor inglenook and above a
third hearth of similar moulding. Timber-framing exposed. Wall framing of
substantial scantling. Cambered tie beams with curved bracing, jowled heads to
the posts. Wall plate has short splayed scarf joints and there are vertical
Queen struts from tie beam to collar and principal rafter. Through purlin roof.
At the west end the ground floor inglenook has an aumbry of sandstone in the
side wall. There is a rebate for a door. In the roof the initials TSMS were made
in pebbles in a partition wall. They are the same as occur in the plinth of the
stable block; dated 1611 (q.v.).


Listing NGR: SP2570687772

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.