This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1383 / 51°8'17"N
Longitude: 0.6089 / 0°36'31"E
OS Eastings: 582607
OS Northings: 140909
OS Grid: TQ826409
Mapcode National: GBR QV6.JS1
Mapcode Global: VHJN1.HNR6
Entry Name: Ponds Farmhouse
Listing Date: 9 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1186236
English Heritage Legacy ID: 169365
Location: Frittenden, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN17
District: Tunbridge Wells
Civil Parish: Frittenden
Built-Up Area: Frittenden
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
FRITTENDEN BUCKHURST ROAD
TQ 84 SW (south side)
House. C15 and mid C16. Timber framed and exposed close studding with
plaster infilling. Plain tiled roof. Four framed bays; 2 of each period of building. Two storeys and attic, with continuous jetty, at lower level to
right hand, and supported on brackets, with exposed truncated dragon beam
to end right. Jettying returned to right. Hipped roof with moulded stack
cluster to centre right. Two gabled dormers. Wooden casements of 2, 4, 2
and 3 lights on first floor, and 4 and 3-lights on ground floor. The
casements to left on each floor are flanked by blocked mullioned sidelights.
C20 gabled half timbered porch to centre right with plank and stud door.
Outshot to left, red brick on ground floor with casement window, exposed
studwork over. Right return with doubled wall plate (roof raised). Catslide outshot to rear of timber on brick base. Interior: structurally 2 builds.
The right hand section older and orientated north-south, with double wave
moulded beams; dragon beam now truncated, indicating cutting back of facade
to align with east-west C16 extension. The doubled wall plate to this older
wing points to alteration of roof structure to provide single hipped roof
over whole rebuilt building. Doubled main ports and scarfed plates join the
2 builds. Stack with large ground floor inglenook to C16 hall with simple chamfered beams. Ovolo and hollow chamfered mullioned windows, now facing
into outshot. Chamfered rear door surround, also now to outshot. Four
centred arched fireplaces with indented spandrels. Quarter log stairs,
especially to attic. Clasped purlin roof to C16 wing (earlier roof
Listing NGR: TQ8260740909
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings