This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7689 / 51°46'7"N
Longitude: -2.6171 / 2°37'1"W
OS Eastings: 357510
OS Northings: 207979
OS Grid: SO575079
Mapcode National: GBR FQ.ZMG4
Mapcode Global: VH872.LS8V
Entry Name: Mortuary Chapel
Listing Date: 24 September 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1186330
English Heritage Legacy ID: 353767
Location: Newland, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL16
District: Forest of Dean
Civil Parish: Newland
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
SO 50 NE NEWLAND HIGH STREET
8/88 Mortuary Chapel
Mortuary Chapel. 1867 by John Middleton, architect of Church of
St. Peter (q.v.). Squared snecked rubble stone with Bath stone
dressings, tile roof. Bellcote to north with large rose window
below and elaborate carved doorway.
Interior plain single cell with unplastered walls and 2 single
lancets on each side. Scissor beam roof.
Listing NGR: SO5751007979
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings