This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7476 / 51°44'51"N
Longitude: -2.4658 / 2°27'57"W
OS Eastings: 367935
OS Northings: 205530
OS Grid: SO679055
Mapcode National: GBR JX.10FQ
Mapcode Global: VH87C.6BRP
Entry Name: Court House
Listing Date: 23 September 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1186390
English Heritage Legacy ID: 353914
Location: Awre, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL15
District: Forest of Dean
Civil Parish: Awre
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Blakeney All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 12/07/2017
SO 60 NE
Large detached dwelling formerly Court House, and Ship Inn. C17. Main block rendered, some parts rubble stone, slate roof, mainly artificial. Z-plan, with principal block facing river, cut stone stacks at gables, but extra through-way added far, west, and against hill slope. This front two storeys, plus basement, three-windowed, deep set and unevenly spaced small sashes with glazing bars, one three-light sash without bars, bottom right; main door slightly left of centre of original block, six-panel, new porch on open-work supports, second door deep set, far left.
Interior: heavy collar roof in four bays, two purlins, diagonal wind braces to lowest level in all bays; broad winder stair, various heavy moulded beams; gable wall to east very thick.
Listing NGR: SO6793505530
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings