This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6913 / 51°41'28"N
Longitude: -2.5988 / 2°35'55"W
OS Eastings: 358702
OS Northings: 199340
OS Grid: ST587993
Mapcode National: GBR JQ.4P0D
Mapcode Global: VH87G.WRYB
Entry Name: Monument to Henry Jones in the Churchyardabout 10 Metres South East of the South East Corner of the Chancel to the Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 7 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1186671
English Heritage Legacy ID: 354611
Location: Woolaston, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL15
District: Forest of Dean
Civil Parish: Woolaston
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Woolaston St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 59 NE
10/268 Monument to Henry Jones
in the churchyard c 10
metres south east of
south east corner of the
chancel to the Church
of St Andrew
Chest tomb. Late C18. Sandstone. Flat top to moulded edge, small quarter
balusters and fielded panels. On south side inscription includes Henry Jones, 1789.
Monument lies c 3 metres north east from Elizabeth Woodrofe monument (qv).
Listing NGR: ST5870299340
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings