This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4112 / 51°24'40"N
Longitude: 0.0278 / 0°1'39"E
OS Eastings: 541119
OS Northings: 169975
OS Grid: TQ411699
Mapcode National: GBR M0.ZLG
Mapcode Global: VHHNX.FSJH
Entry Name: The Convent of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 10 January 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1186782
English Heritage Legacy ID: 358551
Location: Bromley, London, BR1
Electoral Ward/Division: Plaistow and Sundridge
Built-Up Area: Bromley
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Bromley St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
1. PLAISTOW LANE, BROMLEY
The Convent of the Holy Trinity
TQ 46 NW 5/42 10.1.55.
The south-east corner of this building, which has been occupied as a Convent
since 1888, was built by John Hulls about 1708 and was originally called
"Freelands". 3 storeys, the 2nd of more recent date. 7 windows. Red brick.
Brick stringcourse above ground floor. Parapet. Hipped slate roof. Glazing
bars intact. The end window bays project. The south-east front has 3 window
bays, the centre one projecting with a round-headed window on 2nd floor and
porch with projecting cornice and double doors of 6 moulded panels. The
north-east front has a central curved bay of 3 windows on all floors. Modern
additions for the Convent School to the north-west.
Listing NGR: TQ4111969975
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings