This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2245 / 52°13'28"N
Longitude: 0.6718 / 0°40'18"E
OS Eastings: 582584
OS Northings: 261836
OS Grid: TL825618
Mapcode National: GBR QF4.GNF
Mapcode Global: VHJGV.LCH2
Entry Name: Highlands
Listing Date: 14 July 1955
Last Amended: 25 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1186989
English Heritage Legacy ID: 363145
Location: Horringer, St. Edmundsbury, Suffolk, IP29
District: St. Edmundsbury
Civil Parish: Horringer
Built-Up Area: Horringer
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Horringer St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TL 86 SW HORRINGER THE STREET
(Formerly listed as Horringer
14.7.55 and Ickworth Men's Institute)
House, C15 and early C16 with early C17 and mid C18 alterations. 2 storeys, 7
windows. Timber-framed, rendered; the left-hand bay with jettied upper floor.
Clay plaintiled roofs with C17 axial and gable chimneys of red brick. Small-
pane sash windows. 6-panelled entrance door, rectangular fanlight and C18
flat canopy on carved console brackets. C15 jettied wing to left; its open
hall demolished c.1530 for new long-jettied main range of hall and parlour,
with complex roll mouldings and hollow chamfers to 1st and attic floor members.
A further parlour was added early C17 to rear, with complete oak wainscotting.
In mid C18 the chimney between hall and parlour rebuilt, vaulting over new
entrance hall, with staircase having moulded handrail and turned newels and
balusters; other mid-C18 joinery including panelled doors and cornices.
Listing NGR: TL8258761836
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings