History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Merewater

A Grade II Listed Building in Northampton, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2861 / 52°17'10"N

Longitude: -0.8977 / 0°53'51"W

OS Eastings: 475286

OS Northings: 265902

OS Grid: SP752659

Mapcode National: GBR BVP.MVP

Mapcode Global: VHDRS.DS8V

Entry Name: Merewater

Listing Date: 2 November 1954

Last Amended: 8 November 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1187133

English Heritage Legacy ID: 360030

Location: Boughton, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN2

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry

Civil Parish: Boughton

Built-Up Area: Northampton

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Boughton St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Moulton

Listing Text

SP7565 BOUGHTON CHURCH STREET
(South side)
22/42 Merewater
02/11/54 (Formerly listed as
Tudor Cottage)

GV II

Farmhouse and Public House now house. Datestone 1634. Squared coursed lias
with thatched roof. 2-unit, originally through passage plan. Single storey
with attic. 2-window range. Central entrance with 4-centred head and studded
door. Casement window having leaded lights, fire window with stone surround
to left of entrance and stone mullioned window to first floor right. Brick
stacks at ridge and end. Datestone over entrance 1639. Small window in left
gable consisting of quatrefoil in a deep splay. Mid C18 wing to right of main
house. Similar rear elevation has one 3-light stone million window and
entrance with four centred head. Late C17 wing to rear. Interior: Ground
floor, 2 open fireplaces. First floor east end room, mid C17 fireplace with
four centred chamfered head, across corner of room. Butt purlin roof with
principals supported on rough stone corbels in rear wing. Formerly the Lion
Public House.
(G.E. Stevenson - Boughton).


Listing NGR: SP7528665902

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.