This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.5168 / 50°31'0"N
Longitude: -3.7528 / 3°45'10"W
OS Eastings: 275830
OS Northings: 70027
OS Grid: SX758700
Mapcode National: GBR QJ.1TWL
Mapcode Global: FRA 370P.RSB
Entry Name: Conduit Head Attached to Front of 67a
Listing Date: 7 August 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187278
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376047
Location: Ashburton, Teignbridge, Devon, TQ13
Civil Parish: Ashburton
Built-Up Area: Ashburton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Ashburton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX7570 EAST STREET
849-1/9/69 (North side)
07/08/51 Conduit-head attached to front of
Conduit-head, formerly carrying part of the town water supply.
Early C18. Limestone ashlar. Small oblong structure with
chamfered corners. High moulded base, moulded top cornice,
ogee stone roof with finial. In the front of the base is a
small, blocked round-arched opening with 2 iron hinges. In its
right-hand side is a semi-circular, round-arched recess with
the end of a pipe projecting at the back. The upper section
has a round-arched, shallow recess in the front and on each
side; these seem to have been purely decorative. The front
recess contains a plaque inscribed DHBT 1974, referring to its
repair by the Devon Historic Buildings Trust. The conduit-head
is fed from a reservoir in Roborough Lane (qv).
Listing NGR: SX7583070027
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings