This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7278 / 52°43'39"N
Longitude: -2.4997 / 2°29'58"W
OS Eastings: 366353
OS Northings: 314574
OS Grid: SJ663145
Mapcode National: GBR BV.1CB0
Mapcode Global: WH9CW.KPXP
Entry Name: Former Canal Toll Clerks Office
Listing Date: 23 February 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187397
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362119
Location: Eyton upon the Weald Moors, Telford and Wrekin, TF6
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Eyton Upon The Weald Moors
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Wellington All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
EYTON-UPON-THE-WEALD-MOORS WAPPENSHALL JUNCTION
5362 Former canal toll clerk's
SJ 61 SE 28/254 23.2.78
1835 toll clerk's office built by the Sutherland Estate as part of their development
of the basin of the junction of the Newport branch of the Birmingham and Liverpool
Junction with the Shrewsbury Canal. A well proportioned canal building of 2-storeys,
red brick. Broad 3-bay north elevation, the centre breaking forward with canted
Twenty-six foot wood casement windows with slightly cambered gauged brick arches.
Gable ended slate roof with flat eaves, overhung to gable ends. The roof is hipped
over canted bay. Large central red brick chimney stack. The ground floor windows
of the gable ends are set in large round arched recesses.
Listing NGR: SJ6635314574
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings