This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1683 / 50°10'5"N
Longitude: -5.1029 / 5°6'10"W
OS Eastings: 178508
OS Northings: 34417
OS Grid: SW785344
Mapcode National: GBR ZC.GDQN
Mapcode Global: FRA 086K.V3M
Entry Name: 4 and 6, St Gluvias Street
Listing Date: 18 July 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187648
English Heritage Legacy ID: 365812
Location: Penryn, Cornwall, TR10
Civil Parish: Penryn
Built-Up Area: Penryn
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Gluvias
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW7834SE ST GLUVIAS STREET
580-1/6/132 (East side)
Nos.4 AND 6
Pair of town houses. Late C18/early C19. Painted rubble with
timber lintels; asbestos slate roof; brick stack on left.
Shallow-depth plan. 3 storeys; 2-window range. Possibly
original 16-pane hornless sashes to No.4 (right) and late C19
four-pane horned sashes to No.6; 2nd-floor opening blocked or
blind; pair of doorways right of centre with C20 doors.
INTERIOR not inspected. Part of a well-preserved and
predominantly C18 street, the houses being stepped down a
steep hill and representative of the C18 expansion of the port
Listing NGR: SW7850834417
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings