History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

97, 99 and 101, the Terrace

A Grade II Listed Building in Penryn, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.1688 / 50°10'7"N

Longitude: -5.1059 / 5°6'21"W

OS Eastings: 178296

OS Northings: 34480

OS Grid: SW782344

Mapcode National: GBR ZB.4KY2

Mapcode Global: FRA 086K.SS1

Entry Name: 97, 99 and 101, the Terrace

Listing Date: 28 January 1949

Last Amended: 18 July 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1187667

English Heritage Legacy ID: 365861

Location: Penryn, Cornwall, TR10

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Penryn

Built-Up Area: Penryn

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: St Gluvias

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Penryn

Listing Text


PENRYN

SW7834SW THE TERRACE
580-1/5/181 Nos.97, 99 AND 101
28/01/49
(Formerly Listed as:
LOWER STREET (THE TERRACE)
Nos.97-101 (Odd))

GV II

Town house, now subdivided. C17, remodelled C18. Granite
ashlar front with keyed flat arches to ground floor; steep dry
slate roof with modillion eaves cornice. L-shaped plan
including wing at right-angles behind left-hand side. 2
storeys; 4-window range. C20 horned sashes with glazing bars
(replacing late C18 or early C19 sashes); central pedimented
doorway with moulded architrave and fielded panelled reveals;
6-panel door; small window right of doorway in former inserted
doorway; round-headed ope doorway at far right with C20
four-panel door with barred fanlight (replacing similar C18
door). INTERIOR: when inspected c1980 there were some C17 and
C18 features including fireplace with chamfered oak lintel
(now hidden) to rear of left-hand room; fielded dado
panelling, to same room; bolection-moulded chimneypiece and
round-arched collars to rear wing, now all removed. The
chimneypiece has been reused at Croft West in Kenwyn CP.
(The Penryn Survey Group: 1980-1990).


Listing NGR: SW7829634480

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.