History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hodsock Park House

A Grade II Listed Building in Hodsock, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3771 / 53°22'37"N

Longitude: -1.1013 / 1°6'4"W

OS Eastings: 459882

OS Northings: 387074

OS Grid: SK598870

Mapcode National: GBR NYRD.C3

Mapcode Global: WHFG0.1CVV

Entry Name: Hodsock Park House

Listing Date: 12 April 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1187686

English Heritage Legacy ID: 241431

Location: Hodsock, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, S81

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Bassetlaw

Civil Parish: Hodsock

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Langold with Oldcotes

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Blyth

Listing Text

SK 58 NE HODSOCK HODSOCK PARK DRIVE
(West side)

2/77 Hodsock Park House

G.V. II

House. Early C18 with late C19 porch and c.1910 bays. Dressed
coursed rubble, rendered to front and left gable. Slate roof
with stone coped gables and parapet hiding the roof line. 2
gable and single ridge stacks. Originally L-plan, the rear wing
now demolished. 2 storeys plus attic, 4 bays. The central 2
bays are topped with a stone coped pediment with finial. Gabled
late C19 porch with dentil decorated pediment in the gable
supported on 2 brackets. The 2 side walls of the porch each have
single fixed lights. The inner door is part glazed. To the left
is a narrow glazing bar sash. Further left is a single 2 storey
c.1910 canted bay with 4 glazing bar sashes. To the right is a
single similar bay. Above are 2 glazing bar sashes in wooden
frames, with 4 glazing bar sashes in each bay. In the pediment
is a glazing bar casement. To the rear are lean-to extensions.
Interior has a fireplace with panelled wooden surround and
overmantel decorated with panels of stylised flowers, dated 1703.
There is a further fireplace with panelled wooden surround. The
ground floor left bay room has a decorated cornice and sunken
wall panels.


Listing NGR: SK5988287074

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.