This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6843 / 52°41'3"N
Longitude: -1.8277 / 1°49'39"W
OS Eastings: 411744
OS Northings: 309633
OS Grid: SK117096
Mapcode National: GBR 4DN.LRP
Mapcode Global: WHCGN.WSVJ
Entry Name: Quonians House and Attached Wall and Outbuilding
Listing Date: 5 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187748
English Heritage Legacy ID: 382633
Location: Lichfield, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13
Civil Parish: Lichfield
Built-Up Area: Lichfield
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Lichfield St Michael and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SK1109NE DAM STREET
1094-1/5/80 (North East side)
Quonians House and attached wall and
House, now office. Probably C17 with mid C18 facing. Brick,
possibly with some internal timber-frame; tile roof with brick
stacks. Georgian style.
2 storeys with attic; 4-window range. Top frieze and cornice.
Entrance to right of centre has doorcase with pilasters,
entablature and pediment; early fanlight with thick wooden
glazing bars of a type common in Lichfield over
6-fielded-panel door. Windows have sills, those to ground
floor with rubbed brick flat arches, and 16-pane sashes, blind
window over entrance; attic has hipped dormer to right end
with small-paned casement. Stack to roof slope and end stack.
Downspout has letter: A.
Left return has segmental-headed window with 12-pane sash and
roundel to gable; single-storey wing with attic has
segmental-headed entrance with 6-panel door and casement
window with iron opening casement, 3-light casement to dormer,
and end stack; lower single-storey wing has entrance with
lintel and segmental-headed window with top-hung casement.
Rear has gabled range and gabled wings; attached C18 wall to
return and rear of yard has square outbuilding to angle.
INTERIOR: ground floor room to left has fielded panelling,
some nowy-headed, and fireplace to end with overmantel; side
wall fireplace has architrave, pulvinated frieze and cornice;
hall to rear has stick-baluster staircase and window to front
room has fragments of stained glass.
Listing NGR: SK1174409633
Other nearby listed buildings