This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.191 / 52°11'27"N
Longitude: -1.7077 / 1°42'27"W
OS Eastings: 420078
OS Northings: 254795
OS Grid: SP200547
Mapcode National: GBR 4LT.M2B
Mapcode Global: VHBY0.C625
Entry Name: 6 and 6a, Chapel Street
Listing Date: 9 February 1972
Last Amended: 4 April 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187773
English Heritage Legacy ID: 366175
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon
Built-Up Area: Stratford-upon-Avon
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Stratford on Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SP2054NW CHAPEL STREET
604-1/10/31 (North West side)
09/02/72 Nos.6 AND 6A
(Formerly Listed as:
(North West side)
Town house. Early C19 front to C17 building. Timber-frame,
exposed to south, with brick front; C20 tile roof with brick
stack to rear of ridge. 2 storeys with attic; 4-window range,
windows on different levels. Modillioned brick cornice. C20
shop fronts flank high carriage way with paired plank gates.
To right of centre a segmental-headed window with 12-pane
sash; 1st floor has segmental-headed windows: 2 with sills and
12-pane sashes; to right with 4/8-pane sash and 12-pane sash.
2 lower rear wings with timber-framing. An inn by 1763 until
1774 (the White Bear), and 1806-1853 (the White Horse).
(History of the streets of Stratford-upon-Avon: Bearman R et
al: Chapel Street: 1974-).
Listing NGR: SP2007854795
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings