This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1917 / 52°11'29"N
Longitude: -1.7076 / 1°42'27"W
OS Eastings: 420084
OS Northings: 254864
OS Grid: SP200548
Mapcode National: GBR 4LT.F49
Mapcode Global: VHBY0.C53Q
Entry Name: 59 and 60, Ely Street
Listing Date: 4 April 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187798
English Heritage Legacy ID: 366246
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon
Built-Up Area: Stratford-upon-Avon
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Stratford on Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SP2054NW ELY STREET
604-1/10/83 (North side)
Nos.59 AND 60
Outbuilding, now shops. Probably late C16 or C17 with later
alterations. Timber-frame; half-hipped tile roof with brick
stack to rear of ridge. 2-unit plan. Single storey with attic.
Carriage entrance to right of early C20 shop front; gabled
dormer to left end has 3-light small-paned casement with iron
opening casement. Right return has exposed timber-framing.
Rear has attached C19 range (not included).
INTERIOR: chamfered beams; windows face carriageway, with
pitching hole above; part of roof above is exposed.
Part of the L-plan yard to the rear of Nos 26-28 High Street
(qv), originally the property of John Rogers, which includes
the range to the rear, probably originally a malthouse.
(Information from Shakespeare Birthplace Trust Record Office).
Listing NGR: SP2008454864
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings