This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9471 / 51°56'49"N
Longitude: 1.288 / 1°17'16"E
OS Eastings: 626065
OS Northings: 232732
OS Grid: TM260327
Mapcode National: GBR VQK.VWQ
Mapcode Global: VHLCG.8BS5
Entry Name: The Wellington Inn
Listing Date: 20 June 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187906
English Heritage Legacy ID: 366546
Location: Harwich, Tendring, Essex, CO12
Civil Parish: Harwich
Built-Up Area: Harwich
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: The Harwich Peninsula
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TM2632NW KING'S QUAY STREET
609-1/2/90 (South West side)
The Wellington Inn
Public house and flats. 1798. Red Flemish-bond brickwork with
Gault dressings and 4 parallel, hipped, clay plain tile roofs
at right-angles to frontage. 3 storeys with 2-storey rear
parallel extension of rendered brick with steep pitched clay
pantile roof, gabled with Suffolk verge boards.
EXTERIOR: front has plain parapet and off-centre part of
facade projects slightly. The second floor has 2 flush
tripartite double-hung sash windows with single vertical
glazing bar under flat rubbed brick arch, similar double-hung
sash and blind window recess in projecting part.
First floor has similar window arrangement but the blind
recess has painted semicircular arch on impost blocks and
stone sill. Ground floor has a C19 public house front, each
side of the projecting part, with fascia, flat hood and plain
glass windows with obscured leaded light ventilators over. The
door in the projecting part has semicircular painted arch on
impost blocks, plain fanlight and small rectangular glazed
light over C20 door. One large stack on rear and one in
valley. South-east end has C20 refacing in brick.
Rear extension block is linked to main by 2-storey lean-to of
white weatherboarding with felt roof.
INTERIOR: early C19 staircase in rear of front range with
column newels and stick balusters. Date of 1798 various
Listing NGR: TM2606532732
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings