This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8839 / 52°53'1"N
Longitude: -0.6896 / 0°41'22"W
OS Eastings: 488272
OS Northings: 332626
OS Grid: SK882326
Mapcode National: GBR DQG.6G8
Mapcode Global: WHGKN.CSV1
Entry Name: Four Chest Tombs 5 to 20 Metres South of South Porch at Church of Saint Mary and Saint Peter
Listing Date: 14 November 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187964
English Heritage Legacy ID: 382958
Location: Harlaxton, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Harlaxton
Built-Up Area: Harlaxton
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Harlaxton St Mary and St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK8832 CHURCH STREET
1315-0/14/151 (North side (off))
Four chest tombs 5-20m south of
south porch at Church of St Mary and
4 chest tombs. Early and mid C19. Ashlar. Northernmost,
nearest the church, has moulded plinth and hipped top, and
oval panels at the ends. Dated 1816, with illegible
inscription. Next tomb to south has moulded plinth, corner
pilasters, flat top, and slate slabs. By Green of Denton to
Joseph Stubbs and Ann Stubbs, 1820 and 1829. Next tomb has
plinth, corner buttresses and hipped top, and slate slabs with
chamfered corners, by R Brewin of Grantham to John Nicholls,
1832, and by Green of Denton to Jane Nicholls, 1851.
Southernmost tomb has plinth, panelled sides and flat top. The
only legible inscription is to Anthony Marriott, 1812.
Listing NGR: SK8827232626
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings